How Do You Keep Food From Sticking to Stainless SteelStainless Steel Cookware Manufacturer
Are you worried about spending a lot of time cleaning food residue from stainless steel frying pans? Have you ever wondered how ingredients stick to a frying pan? If you have the above troubles, after reading this article, you will gain the knowledge to prevent food from sticking to the frying pan, thus solving your troubles.
Why does food stick to stainless steel pans?
We need to understand why food sticks to the frying pan before we can take appropriate countermeasures to solve the problem.
Stainless steel pans look smooth, but the cooking surface actually has tiny pores. When you heat the pan, the steel expands and the pores shrink. The shrinking pores grip onto the food, causing it to stick.
What should do and what should not do to prevent stainless steel pans from food sticking
What should do:
- Keep food at room temperature.Take out the ingredients from the refrigerator and static for 15 minutes, so that its temperature is consistent with room temperature. Because cold meat will reduce the temperature of the oil, open the pores on the surface of the pans and lock the meat.
- Dry food well.Small droplets of water remaining on food not only lower the temperature of the oil, but also create a vapor barrier during cooking and make it less efficient. This barrier will separate food and stainless steel, preventing them from contacting and preventing food from sticking.
- Preheat pans to a right temperature.Do not preheat to too high or too low temperature. Because both increase the likelihood of food sticking.
- Add oil to the pans.After preheating, you can add oil to the frying pan.When the oil is warmed up, it will thin itself out and shimmer, flowing like water.
- Add appropriate amounts of food.Determine the quantity to cook based on the size of the frying pan. Adding too much food at once will cause a lot of moisture from the food to concentrate on the pans.
- Turn over the cooked meat promptly.If the food is cooked, it will be easy to flip. If you find it difficult to flip the food, it means it is not cooked yet.
- Using green onions.The acid released by the onions reacts with the stainless steel, temporarily forming a non-stick surface on the surface of the frying pan.
What should not do:
Based on what has been said above, we can easily figure out what not to do:
- Not thawing food
- Not drying food
- Inappropriate preheating temperature
- Not add oil to the pans
- Add too much food
- Not turn over the cooked meat promptly
Clean well after use
After use, do not rush to clean it. Let the frying pan come to room temperature before cleaning it with warm soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge. If food has stuck to the pan, use vinegar and baking soda to clean it. Although most stainless steel pans are dishwasher safe, occasional hand washing is necessary.
A nonstick frying pan is also a good option.
If you want to solve this problem once and for all, you can opt for a non-stick frying pan. Its use and care are similar to those of stainless steel frying pans. But extra attention should be paid to not using metal kitchen utensils when using non-stick pans. Because they will scratch off the non-stick coating, affecting food safety and the performance of the non-stick pan.
Top stainless steel pan manufacturer recommendation
Changwen is one of the leading names when we talk about stainless steel pans. Our craftsmanship, quality, and attention to detail have earned us a dedicated following. With Changwen, you’re not just getting a pan; you’re investing in a kitchen partner that’s designed to last.We not only produce stainless steel frying pans, but also non-stick pans. If you need non-stick pans, you can also come to us.For more information, you can visit our website: https://www.kitchenwarecw.com/the-complete-guide-to-stainless-steel-cookware/